Learn more about the terms used in this website, get additional information from other sources, and test your knowledge about things you can do that might lower your daughter’s risk of developing breast cancer as an adult.
Breast Density, Screening, and Prevention
Presentation given by Amy Trentham-Dietz, PhD, Professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, on October 17, 2017 at a Community Education Event through the University of Massachusetts-Amherst
Lab Manual for the Eureka Program 2017 by the University of Massachusetts – Amherst
Instructors: Anna Symington, Elizabeth Daniele, Karen Dunphy, Joseph Jerry, and Laura Vandenberg
Fact Sheets on Chemicals Studied by BCERP
• Perfluoralkyl Acids (PFAAs)
• Phytoestrogen – Daidzein (Isoflavone)
• Phytoestrogen – Enterolactone (Lignan)
• Phytoestrogen – Genistein (Isoflavone)
• Phthalates, the Everywhere Chemical (Bay Area)
• Phthalates (MSSM)
Glossary – scientific and medical terms
The Breast Biologues: A biology dialogue about breast cancer and the environment. An award-winning video and comic book explain how the normal breast develops and how exposures to potential cancer-causing chemicals during specific points during development might influence future breast cancer risk.
• educator guide
• video animation
• comic book
• el libro cómico de los Biodialogos del Seno
• comic book in Vietnamese
To order printed copies of the comic book, fill out the electronic order form.
Puberty, Breast Cancer, and the Environment – a report from BABCERC (October 2009)
• PDF for online viewing
• high resolution for printing
• Pubertad, cáncer de seno y el medio ambiente – un reporte del BABCERC